President's Letter, April, 2011
We recently mailed the registration material for our next two big Class events:
- Our 42nd Reunion in Princeton May 26-29 features something new this year in addition to the traditional fare – a Sunday canoe trip led by Philo Elmer on a beautiful stretch of the Mullica River in the scenic Pine Barrens of Central New Jersey. Register before May 7 and save $10 on the Saturday dinner. The main part of the reunion is free again this year.
- Our 5th off-campus mini-reunion takes us to Springfield, Illinois October 14-16 under the intellectual leadership of Harold Holzer, one of America’s foremost Lincoln scholars. In the 150th anniversary year of Lincoln’s first inauguration our theme will be the social and political contexts of the 1860 election. Paul Sittenfeld and his team have put together a superb weekend program with two very special dinners. Sign up sooner rather than later for this one.
Details for both gatherings are provided in the information sheets enclosed in the mailing and a paper registration form for each is included if you wish to register by mail.
But there’s a simpler way. Register and pay online using the Class website (princeton1969.org). If you have not yet visited the site, now is a great time to do so. To date over 100 classmates have established a user name and password to take advantage of all of the site capabilities, including secure event registration and payment. If you’re not one of them, add yourself to the list today. Just click on "First-time sign up” in the login box at the top right of the home page. Our webmaster Jeff Kaplan will be happy to help out if required (firstname.lastname@example.org). Get your login credentials and plunge right in.
- View the Class photo albums and submit your own pictures of classmates, class events and campus scenes. See what we’re missing and help to fill in the blanks. Material from our undergraduate days would be particular fun.
- Update your personal profile. Your TigerNet profile will automatically be updated as well.
- Find Classmates near your home or near anywhere in the country you plan to visit – click on the bull’s eye on the right side of the home page.
- Got a blog? Submit your link to Webmaster Jeff. Your classmates will enjoy seeing what you are up to and have to say. If you'd like to be interactive, he'll even provide a "comments" button.
Hope to see you at one or both the upcoming gatherings.